View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 12:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hey Griffin,

It seems there are a lot of us students going through this horrible phase.

The car ride was on Wednesday and I seem to be slowly improving since then, so I can't say it has had too much of an effect. I still can't watch TV or have long conversations, but my headaches have improved since resting. I have not been to class since then and am planning on withdrawing for health reasons.

Amazingly, I was able to finish last semester with a 3.52gpa in very difficult courses. I honestly don't know how I did it - I had a lot of help from my professors. I have been unable to repeat that performance this semester and I need to take a leave of absence. I'm afraid that if I push myself too hard for too long my brain will be permanently damaged.

I find that my condition is worsened by emotional triggers. Like last Friday evening, after going to classes, I felt fine and decided to take my girlfriend out to dinner. Bad decision - the restaurant was crowded and extremely noisy. We were seated and there was this child next to our table who had an ipad, and some loud toy that kept going off every minute, and he kept getting up and running around screaming.

We had to leave the restaurant before the rolls were even out. Then my girlfriend and I had a huge fight. There was screaming and crying. This set me back for over a week. That weekend I was feeling as bad as the first weeks after the concussion.

Anyway, I wish you the best in your recovery. I know how difficult it is to be forced on the sidelines while everyone else is at college. When does your upcoming semester begin?
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote