View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 12:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've had issues with sleeping since I was a kid, but now all of my issues are intensified. It really seems like overstimulation (thoughts racing), and hypersensitivity to my girlfriend's movements next to me in bed are the two biggest problems. My noise sensitivity has gotten worse in the past month or so. They prevent me from getting into a good sleep cycle and I miss out on that precious REM sleep. It can be quite frustrating.

One thing I have noticed that seems to help is regulating my sleep schedule and keeping good sleep hygiene. I know that this seems obvious, but I was always a night owl. I've forced myself into a habit of going to bed around 10pm and waking up around 8:30am. This seems to give me the best chance to sleep.

Whether or not I sleep during those hours is a different story...
I sometimes have to use anti-anxiety medicine or sleeping pills but I find that Magnesium Citrate can help me relax before bed. Trust me I hate having to use medications to sleep. They don't seem to really help in the end. I've found that since the concussion, I sometimes wake up unable to fall back asleep. I never had this issue before. It was always a matter of falling asleep and then I would be fine. It is extremely frustrating.
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote