View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 07:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI Bruin,
As I mentioned to you before often damage to the brain will not show up with an e.e.g. and that's because the damage is to deep in a persons brain to show anything.
I'm no Dr. but I have a feeling the TBI has a lot to do with it and that is what could be causing your migraines also. You should go to the VA hospital and have them check you out really good to play it safe.
If the flashing lights bothered you and it triggered sz. for you that tells me you may be photosensitive meaning certain colors may trigger sz. for you or strobe lights will trigger sz. for you. I had a special e.e.g. done where they flashed different color lights one at a time and they found out that 3 different colors would trigger sz. for me. All of this activity takes place in the back of your head called the optical lobe and that's where your eye sight is.
I agree with you all the way the fatique and migraines will trigger sz. for some people just like stress and sometimes when a person is showering the hot water will trigger sz. for the person.
I want you to give this a try it's called "cold water therapy" I had to do it for awhile and it worked well for me. What you need to do is take your temperature 3 times a day at the same time and anytime you have a sz. and write all this down. The date, time of day/night and your temp. Do this for about 1 month and then after that 3 times a day at the same time or any time you start to feel a sz. start up put a cold washcloth on your face and on the back of your neck. The cold water helps calm the neurons down in the brain and it reduces and sometimes stops a persons sz. I had to do this in a medical study and what was interesting is each day that I had any sz. my body temperature was a little warmer than usual and that in turn triggered the sz. You may want to give it a try if you are interested.
In regards to driving each state is different I live in NY and you have to go 1 yr. without a sz. and have a Drs. written statement stating it's safe to drive before you can even try to get your license but I've never been that lucky. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (03-02-2015), MeBee (03-21-2015)