View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Doesn't mean squat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
I checked into my online medical records for my last follow up visit with my neuromuscular doctor. For my first appointment my record and office notes said "idiopathic small fiber neuropathy". That was 6 weeks ago.
I went in last week for my follow up exam and he didn't say anything to me about my current condition besides to try Lyrica. I just logged in to my record and it says under diagnosis "progressive polyneuropathy", "small fiber neuropathy". Why wouldn't he say anything and what does this mean?
I think Mrs. D is right, some labels come across insurance desks and get paid faster out of recognition and repetition and sheer numbers. If you read and study here, the longer you read the more you recognize that there are not many hard and fast rules. Don't let "progressive" freak you out. In the long run, the symptom management is the endeavor of the drugs of choice, Gaba, Lyrica, and for pain, Tramadol, Hydrocodone, etc. Some people doing all they know and still asking what more can I do? (Baba 222) The real healing IMHO is a function of satisfying yourself that you understand what makes for good Mitochondrial health, excersize, sleep, and then allow patience to filter into the mix. Their drugs do not repair anything, they just make you feel better while YOU are doing the repair. I apologize for a little venting here. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (03-02-2015), mrsD (03-01-2015), Susanne C. (03-01-2015)