Thread: disability
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
lyndianne,

What other benefits did you qualify for ? Were they just related to your state ? What state do you live in ?
Mark...I had put Eugene Oregon as my location but it seems to be missing! We have the Oregon Health Plan which is just a fancy word for our medicaid. Our wonderful governor put it in place years ago but it was struggling before the ACA became law. So the state is paying for

my medicare part B premium, co insurance that gives me extra medical benefits, and I'm not sure if it's federal or state that pays for extra help with prescriptions. Like you, California Worker's Comp is totally screwing me. I've gone from a lot of money a year to well almost nothing. I shudder to think where I would be without these programs. The nice part is once I

applied for SSDI and medicare they took care of setting it all up. I couldn't think my way out of a wet paper towel these days so I have learned to take things one step at a time and call people and throw myself on their mercy. Some people are nicer than others, but most have helped me with the things that are too confusing to figure out.
Concussion and whiplash from getting hit by a semi truck. After partial recovery was on the receiving end of 3 concussions in a year. Two were within six weeks of each other. Master's degree teacher now on disability with limited lifestyle, trying to count my blessings

Eugene, Oregon
lyndianne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
injuredbutrecoverin (03-01-2015), j.rose (03-02-2015)