Thread: Fed Up
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 04:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fed Up

I don't know how many people read this forum or where my stuff belongs but decided to post here.

Some of you may remember I have posted in the past stating my COPD meds gave me PN, entrapment syndromes, muscle aches, etc.. My doctors wouldn't listen and told me I had idiopathic neuropathy so I dealt with the problem myself by titrating the meds and it has worked very well for pain over the past couple of years. Until......

I started to get very short of breath from the Diovan so he changed me to amlodopine which may be working ok. However I hurt, burning feet are back and I think I actually have muscle inflammation, I hurt everywhere and worse where the muscle has been used very much. It might be a neuromuscular issue, I don't know what to call it.

I don't think I can fight any more about this and I was wondering if there is any kind of doctor that would be competent to put it all together and suggest possible options besides handfuls of Neurontin which I am sure will probably also give me side effects? I am already gaining weight and retaining water from Symbicort. Neurologist? Rheumatologist? Allergist?

I should add I went 5 days with no BP med before I started the new one and the little bit of residual pain and numbness I had left totally disappeared, I had normal sensation for the first time in 10 years. Also it always has gotten worse when I take more COPD meds, it must be an interaction of some kind.

thanks
judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote