View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 04:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=jobby99;1126351]Sounds like possible compression of the brachial plexus, a major neurovascular bundle that runs through a narrow space in the brachial region. If you have weakness in your group, specifically, the 4th and 5th digits of one or both hands, I would seek out a neurosurgeon familiar with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. They can perform movements of your arm and test your grip strength to indicate possible compression. The only cure is to stop overhead activities and reaching with arms for the time being. If this does not relieve symptoms, physical therapy and/or surgery is most likely needed.

------------------------------------[/QUOT

Can you give more information on how the the brachial plexus could cause neuropathy in his feet? I am doing my own research on what is happening to me and I find this very interesting. I often feel convinced that my neuropathy is caused by injury in my neck and shoulders from years of too many pushups and plank pose. Not one doctor has yet to even think twice about it before they say no. I went to a spine surgeon and he said no way, but my first upper body symptoms were loss of coordination when playing guitar. Weakness in especially the pinky.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote