Thread: Microsoft store
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Icehouse, still doing well I see.

I tried holding the power button down a couple of times this morning and it didn't work. I left it alone for an hour and when I came back I was able to restart it. I don't know exactly what I did but tried to shut it all the way down and then restart. It still had lights flashing on the bottom (where the battery light is) with a dark screen so I don't think it shut down all the way when it died?

Its Windows 7 and no, I don't have dreaded Dial Up anymore. I have Centurylink with my phone, I don't know if that is nation wide and sometimes I think they slow it down during busy times.

I think I might have a virus or some kind of malware too but Avast and Malwarebytes don't find it. It was running fine until I accidentally hit the free trial of paid Avast instead of the update. I started having problems after it reverted back to free version and I wonder if they did that on purpose.

I don't know if its related but I have to block fbstatic-a.akamaind.net and s.ytimg.com in Flash player all the time, I know the former is FB stuff. At first I just had those but they have been bringing their friends lately and I get a bunch of junk.

thanks
judi an icon for helping me with computer stuff
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote