View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 09:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Frown Scared and not getting any sleep Dentist phobia

I am 58 years old and in November my front bridge upper came out. I wanted to die. The feeling was devastating like someone died. I have been depressed ever since. Life changing event for me. I am having a lot of trouble dealing with it. Dentist made me a temp I have had since day I lost front teeth. He felt bad for me I walked in crying my heart out. I was upset and felt "old". I have two teeth on on each side left on my upper that have to come out. Then I will have no teeth. I have 3 cracked teeth on top that has to be taken out also. Roots are still in there. They quoted me (my insurance is crap only $1,000 a year) Regular dentures around 5,000. Dental Implants around $16,000 and total implants around $27000 . I am having trouble getting the money. I am in debt and was in debt before this happened and we were trying to pay our debt down (it is very high, trust me) Now, if I want the best which is implants, I have to come up with 27000 or at least 16 for dental implants. Right now, looks like I have to were dentures until I can get the money to get the implants. I can't sleep at night thinking about the teeth being pulled and the pain and the stories on here about the bruising, I am getting panic attacks and keep cancelling my dentist appointments. I don't know what I should do. I have an IRA Roth but can't touch and really, I didn't want to, but can't take out without a penalty until I am 59 1/2 .. Whatever you can do to cheer me up, it would be appreciated. Down on myself too much everyday affecting my work and my home.
Irene Irene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote