View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 02:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Hi Beth,

Welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

I see you've found the Autoimmune forum already but just wanted to say hello. I hope you find the information and support that you need and hopefully you'll get some definitive answers when you see the Neurologist on March 6.

Do you think any of your symptoms are due to your head injury??
I think most the symptoms are due to the head injury. I think due to the injury and getting vaccine ( meds) to soon after an injury less than 2 weeks might have caused alot of my issues. The initial injury I imagine I should have waited longer to get the meds/immunization maybe? But I was working for an er department then and just went ahead and did it. Since its been a struggle. I didn't know I was supposed to wait after a head injury. The head injury consisted of being knocked against a brick wall by a draft horse . Diagnosis then was just concussion. Which later went to concussion syndrome.

Drs think its a mix of both as well. However due to length of time with all the overall variables which all happened within a month to 2 month period its very hard to pin point.

With the Mri results it points at a auto immune issue . Drs in the hospital said they were almost positive it was ms but the ms panel came back neg. Not sure if people have had that happen and later be diagnosed with ms or some other form of auto immune issue that mimics ms?

Thankyou for the welcome. It is much appreciated.
SkimbleShanks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (03-05-2015), Lara (03-02-2015)