View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hmmmm,

I wish yours had gone better! I too have had injections, a couple years ago before the whole mess, that did not go as planned and didn't help any. Steroid can cause bruising and skin color change. There's a lot of operator dependence as well as individual reaction. I noticed with this PM&R doc that the shot looked more diluted. When I had a shot two years ago it looked like milk in the syringe, really strong and I lost skin pigment. This doctor is more conservative and careful over all. Says he likes to "bathe" the tissue instead of shooting a whole glob in one area. He seems to be able to find his way between tissue planes. I feel really lucky to have found him, he's done a lot of additional training in US techniques and published anatomical studies. Yet another practitioner I drive 3 hours to see! No one in Austin PM&R had the foot/ankle experience of this guy and the ortho people didn't have the US training. Just more reasons to doctor shop till you find a really good one.

FYI, I did not get pain relief right away. It took several weeks before things started to feel less weird and the scar started to soften. I did feel some of the pressure lighten up pretty quickly and the numbness went with it. I just hope it continues to hold!

Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Always_Believe (03-02-2015)