View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 11:31 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
I am six months into this taking over my whole body and I have all the same frustrations and questions you have. I am off to see the first rheumatologist since my official diagnoses, and as optimistic as I'm trying to be that there is someone who will help me, I already had a huge rheumatolgy workup that shows only a high ANA. So... I am still going. I was told out of two of the (probably 12-15) doctors I've seen, not to give up and that this is some doctor who will be able to figure this out.
I think a high ANA is a pretty reliable indicator that something autoimmune is going on for you Healthgirl. I don't even have this - just a low positive rheumatoid factor and high inflammatory markers. I think the main problem for many some of us is when things don't show up in the autoantibodies and doctors seem to dismiss our problems as idiopathic because of this. I really hope you have more luck than me. I'm too ill just now - after four years of all this - to even walk the dogs just now. I hope this is just because I've finally weaned myself off Cymbalta so am experiencing severe withdrawal issues. But failing an improvement as this drug leaves my body - I have other ideas of what might be causing my ill health including the small fiber neuropathy. Feeling too sick to write more but take care and good luck with the rheumatologist. I hope he's more of a progressive thinker than mine appears to be. Mat

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote