View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 02:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

It has been foour months since I started Edgelow and an update is due.

I am doing the exercises diligently every day and continue to improve slowly.
At this point I am down to 3.5 hours of exercise a day (with 5 hours a day I barely had time to eat).
This gives me time to return to some of my old hobbies and I can also read books and work on
the computer a few hours a day. I am also now working in the office two times per week.

For cardio workout I resumed running regularly and am training for a 5K race (don't think I can manage more than 5K).
Arm and upper back strength has improved a lot. Last summer I could barely lift 5lbs. Now I can curl 20lb dumbbels no problem.
Still cannot tolerate arm and pec minor stretches very well, but at least I can do very gentle stretches which
don't flare me up anymore.

As far as the pain goes, I am mostly pain free as long as I don't skip the breathing exercises and
don't spend too much time on the computer, but I have a permanent achy discomfort in my shoulders and arms.
The sore places move around a lot (neck, elbows, wrists, upper back, chest and so on) which I find much easier
to tolerate than non-stop pain in the same place.
If I overdo things or forget to do the breathing, the discomfort quickly goes from annoying to painful.
I then have to take it easy for a couple of days.

The progress seems to be slowing down. Don't know if I am approaching the plateau.
I was hoping to be back to full-time in the office by April, but I clearly will need a lot more time to recover.
Hiker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
elap (03-02-2015), jkl626 (03-07-2015), Jomar (03-16-2015), Sea Pines 50 (03-03-2015)