View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 10:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default thank you

I tried some chocolate milk this morning, it really helped calm the nausea. Didn't eat much, wasn't up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsong View Post
I recently posted on this forum asking for suggestion on handling lyrica withdrawal. I finally figured out a solution that worked, mostly.

For the nausea:
1) take very, very small sips of a heavily sweetened liquid (check with your doctor first!) if you can't eat, or use a rehydration solution. If you can tolerate liquids, those breakfast shakes are a godsend.
If you cannot handle much in the way of food, crackers work great. Tuna salad is a plus, but isn't required.

Benadryl helps with the nerve zaps, pain, etc. If you cannot eat for more than a day or so, personally, I would go see a doctor, or call the prescribing physician and ask what you should do. My last, and final resort, was to take 1200mg gabapentin which after a few hours got me to where I could eat and didn't yarf at the smell of food. However, this is only to be tried if you have gabpentin and know you are not allergic to it.

I am not a doctor, nurse, etc. Please take my advice with a grain of salt and the good intensions it was written with. I am not giving medical advice, just what worked for me.
Slecc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote