View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 09:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hey AB,

My pain often starts as a feeling of stinging (obviously nerve) but also sometimes starts like a "reverse crush". It's like there is this sudden internal pressure like something is filling up the tissue. I have a couple hotspot areas for this kind of feeling, similar to a swelling feeling but it starts so acutely! If I have done something to set it off, too hot of a bath, walk too much in warm or even not so warm weather, I can tell you exactly where the nerve track is. It is defintely intense pressure and feels 3 dimensional if you will, not shooting or stabbing. Sometimes I feel like my nerves just can't manage any tissue flux at all without freaking out. On your lateral foot/ankle pain though - do you think it's from compensation from your gait? My foot has had to make a lot of adaptations to the structural changes and I have had different aches and pains come and go till it settled.

Littlepaw
YES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
According to the Budapest Criteria you need to be suffering from 3 of the 4 main symptoms here,

http://www.rsdhope.org/crps-symptoms.html

FOUR Main Symptoms/Criteria for a diagnosis of CRPS:
Chronic burning pain - includes allodynia; extreme sensitivity to touch, sound, vibration, wind, and temperature. Check
Inflammation - this can affect the appearance of the skin; bruising, mottling, shiny appearance, blotchy or pale appearance, and tiny red dots are some examples. Check
Spasms - in blood vessels and muscles of the extremities, called vasoconstriction, I assume this is what causes the 1-3 degree temperature difference between both feet
Insomnia/Emotional Disturbance - (including limbic system changes such as short-term memory problems, concentration difficulties, and irritability). Check
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-03-2015)