Old 03-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
http://www.neuropathie.nu/research-d...thic-pain.html

Along with my Lidocaine Infusions, my excellent PM Team has had me on oral Ketamine for my horrendous Neurological Hypersensitivity for years. The two combined have kept me going.
The above article is the best I have ever read, covering all the delivery mechanisms available, and citing positive trial evidence in a clear and concise way.
If I wasn't on these meds I would have to be on heavy doses of something like Lyrica.

Dave.

About four months after my spinal fusion/laminectomy a former PM doctor had me on Lyrica. I felt like bugs were biting at my legs. Needless to say, I didn't stay on the Lyrica for long.

In addition to spinal pain; PN eventually became a constant source of 24/7 chronic pain (it's been a little over 8 years since the surgery). In order to treat the pain to some degree; I am on a pretty high dose of narcotic meds. I do not know whether Ketamine would alleviate enough of the pain where I might be able to lessen my narcotic meds. Also, not sure side effects of a possible trade off.

Dave, your thoughts/experience would be appreciated.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-24-2015), EnglishDave (03-04-2015)