View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 12:16 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Must say; this is the first time I looked into CRPS/RSD and "yes" would not be unusual for other problems as well. I felt the spine/fusion/laminectomy; eventually doctor referred to my burning ankles and leg pain; discoloration, edema, etc. as the extenuating pain elsewhere as PN.

So I assumed my burning pain; especially ankles/ feet; but pain extends down groin/ legs; especially the left which ankle has the worse discoloration/edema. Painful wrists/fingers as arthritis, on and on.

Reading the American RSD Hope (also printed it) is really an eyeopener. Memory; oh my gosh. I was just described including the irritability, etc.

Something to think about for sure....

Gerry
PN can certainly have burning pain as well. My understanding is that the nerve dysfunction is localized with PN, with RSD/CRPS the limbic system is in play and may or may not have local nerve dysfunction as well.

Neuropathy caused by diabetes is an example of another disorder that is misdiagnosed as RSD/CRPS.

While I was 99% sure that I had been diagnosed correctly, it wasn't until I start experiencing mirroring and spread that I truly accepted it.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-04-2015)