View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 07:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
Seems obvious to me that the "tingling"/"stabbing"/"shooting" type pain descriptors would commonly fit with RSC/CRPS/Nerve damage. So I've been struggling with identifying some of the pain I have been having and I haven't seen them as descriptors relating to any of those diagnoses.
Background (for those that haven't already read any of my long-winded posts): I have peroneal nerve palsy in my left lower leg from complications following a fractured patella. I was diagnosed with RSD in that leg about a month ago. I am scheduled for an MRI tomorrow on my left knee to rule out any current internal knee issue.
Pain scenarios: The outer side of my left ankle gets to feeling like I have sprained it. Like that swollen, hurts constantly, feels worse than breaking something feeling. I can't identify any swelling and it randomly happens. Sometimes after walking a bit (okay, I guess that's when it occurs most often) but sometimes I will have not been able to do much other than go to the bathroom & back (side note: when I'm having those days, I really don't drink much so I don't make many trips).
The other scenario is this intense crushing feeling on the outside of my foot (nearer the ankle than the toes). It feels like the Jolly Green Giant is standing on that one spot.
Any of this common with RSD/CRPS??? Did I make any sense at all??
Hi AB,
Amazing to read about the exact same tingling and crushing feeling sensations I get.
I talked to my neurologist about it and she told me these pain sensations are a direct result from CRPS. The prescribed help was to take an extra dose of Gabapentin which I do and I get some relief. The pain is still evident but doable.
I sure hope you find relief...
Russell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-04-2015), ger715 (03-04-2015)