View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 08:21 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Wink 100 years of this!

A better word for “Galvanic current” is “direct current” or DC (i.e., the current from a regular battery). Luigi Galvani discovered DC current in the 1700s!

Since then, people have fiddled with DC for literally hundreds of years. By the 1920s the use of DC was widespread … EXACTLY like these little “Galvanic Spa” devices. I designed one 30 years ago for a company in Nevada. There is NOTHING to these devices: just battery current (DC).

To date (more than 100 years) there has been no confirmed actual damage from these devices. Frankly, they don’t do anything beneficial either. Indeed, the “negative” pole will irritate your skin, cause blood and fluid to enter the tissues … and “plump up” your skin. But this is temporary.

The “metal taste” people talk about has nothing to do with your fillings. Don’t believe me? Try this: take an AA-battery. Wet your finger and hold it on one side (either pole, it doesn’t matter). Now, touch the other end to your tongue … WOW a metallic taste!

What’s happening here is the DC current is stimulating your taste buds … the metallic taste is just what happens. If you REALLY want to “freak yourself out,” try the following. With your little “Spa device,” put the thing at the outside corner of your eye … then rapidly place it “one and off” your skin. You will see a little flash of light! Again, the optic nerve is being stimulated because, actually, the human body “runs” on DC. There is NO HARM to this whatsoever.

All of the symptoms that are being discussed here have been noted for more than 100 years; they are of NO CONSEQUENCE. Furthermore, nothing is NEW about these devices AT ALL: they have been used for more than 100 years. They don’t do much of anything either.
MichaelDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote