Thread: Severe pain
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 09:29 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Lily...

I am soooo sorry that you are living with so much pain. I do know how awful that is. In the last five years, I've had one morning when I wasn't in pain, and that only lasted for three hours. I still don't know what blessed me on that one day.

It sounds as if your pain is worse than mine, at least on a continual basis. I always have pain, and I take very strong medications to help control it. But every so often I have a major flare that can be so bad it makes me feel like I'm going out of my mind. And when that happens, no amount of medicine helps. So yes, I do know how that kind of pain can affect you.

Believe it or not, the one thing I've found that helps best is to get online and chat with one of my buddies who I've forged a bond with. The chance to vocalize my misery and their understanding always helps divert me away from the pain for a while. And on days when they need someone for support, I am there for them as well. It may sound rather weak, but it does help me, even more than any medication I take.

I do so hope that you find some strategy for dealing with your pain. Just remember, there is a limit to how much information can be transmitted by the spine to your brain. Anything you can do that uses up more of that limit will lower the capacity of the pain to get through. And that is the truth.

With All My Best Wishes,
Idealist
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote