View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 11:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=lurkingforacure;1127341]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deangreen View Post
It seems you have to saturate your system with thiamine in order to get it to your brain. I wonder if anyone has tried sulbutiamine. It is an OTC synthetic thiamine analog that easily crosses the blood-brain-barrier.[/QUOTE

This doesn't make sense to me. If something doesn't normally get into the brain (ie, it does not cross the BBB, is that what you are saying?) then how does flooding the body with it resolve that problem?

I think every person on the planet would have thiamine deficiency if you had to flood the body with thiamine to get it into the brain. Where did you read this? Don't mean to be combative, just curious.

Everything I've read is to the contrary, actually, that the body can only absorb so much thiamine and if you take in more than that, you'll just pee it out.
My understanding is that the BBB isn't really quite 100% impermeable. For example, those that take L-Dopa via the Hinz protocol take large quantities of L-Dopa and thus some crosses the BBB to be made into dopamine in the brain, but most gets peed out. Sinemet allows much more to cross the BBB by adding Carbidopa so much less L-Dopa is required to have an effect.

Regarding Thiamine, rather than saturating our body with Thiamine, it makes more sense to get IM thiamine injections or even take liposomol thiamine which allows more to get absorbed. Liposomol allows it to be protected in lecithin spheres until it gets further down the gut and thus more gets absorbed. What seems important is to get it into the brain before the body breaks it down and it gets removed.
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sim00 (03-10-2015)