View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 12:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Thanks Dave,
I wasn't sure whether Ketamine might lessen the need for the narcotic meds I am taking. I was hoping it would alleviate the awful constipation caused by narcotic meds. Ketamine does not appear to be the answer.

Gerry
Gerry, Constipation is certainly an issue with opiates. I buy prunes and eat 6-8 every night before I go to bed and that works for me.Obviously you need to adjust to your own body.

Here is a recipe for a jam that you may know about since it has been around for awhile. I copied it just as it was given from an old forum. Personally, I skipped the brown sugar and only use a TBSP or so of lemon. I used to use it but found the plain prunes worked almost as well and just the effort to get all the ingredients became a hassle but it does work very well. I used to spread it on toast.
Diandra

Yakima Fruit Paste

DOSE: 1-2 tablespoons per day

1 pound prunes
1 pound raisins-pitted
1 pound figs
4 oz senna tea (look in your health food store, it looks like a bunch of leaves)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup lemon juice

1. Prepare tea-use about 2 1/2 cups boiled water added to tea and steep 5 minutes.
2. Strain tea to remove tea leaves and add only 1 pint tea to a large pot, then add fruit.
3. Boil fruit and tea for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add sugar & lemon juice. Allow to cool.
5. Use hand mixer or food processor to blend fruit mixture into smooth paste.
6. Place in plastic container and place in freezer. (Paste will not freeze but will keep forever in freezer).
7. Spoon out what you require each day.

Enjoy eating it straight off the spoon.
Spread it on toast or add hot water and make a drink.

Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-24-2015), EnglishDave (03-04-2015), ger715 (03-04-2015)