View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 05:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When I was diagnosed with idiopathic SFN last year, my neuro prescribed a low dose of gabapentin to see if it might help with symptoms. After three months, I wasn't convinced it was helping, so I had a choice of either increasing the dosage or stopping. I opted to stop primarily because I'd rather not take any medication long-term if I don't have to.

While my symptoms have improved some, I still have a lot of discomfort with some days worse than others, but I'm just trying to cope with it. If worse comes to worse, I'll turn to cannabis which is what a lot of people here have reported helps tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Hello,

I have read many posts about people stopping their medication even though they say it was helping them. why is that? did the pain get better? I'm in sooo much pain right now I can't imagine stopping something that helped. I am not on medication right now but the pain is unbearable and I really need to try something. I am already taking supplements but they don't seem to be helping (r-lipoic acid, "nerve fix", vitamin e, vitamin c, vitamin d) I was taking b12 but my dr said my levels were very high so to stop that.

Does the pain get better? It's been about 6 months of pain and it's only getting worse. I really need to know if it gets better for most people or only worse?
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (03-04-2015)