View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 02:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgpjr45 View Post
I am having on and off headaches in the morning getting up from bed.
They are worse sitting up than lying down. I have a programmable shunt. These last a few days to a week then disappear then come back. My scans are always normal my last one was in November.
Hey Tom,
In 2013 I had a revision, the previous shunt was working but then fractured, hence the revision. They placed a programmable valve. Since then I've been having huge problems. The mornings are just awful, sitting up I have a headache for this next 2hrs minimum and then the same when laying down. I haven't had a headache free day since the revision. The pressure I feel behind my eyes is massive, like my eyes are going to pop out of my skull. I've been back to see the NS, he has adjusted my pressures to alleviate the pressure behind my eyes but this has not had the desired effect. I've had scans and been told all is OK, But my headaches tell me different. In my view this can't be normal, surely. Now the NS are saying its just me. I have a neurologist now telling me its migraines, so he's giving me botox injections, but they are not having the desired effect either. I go back to see him again tomorrow for another round of injections, so lets see what he has to say.

Please do keep us informed on how you get on. It will be interesting to compare.
Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote