View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 09:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Swimtime,

So sorry to hear what happened! That's just terrible. I agree with going for the highest and best level of care available. However, I would want to be absolutely sure there wasn't anything in that ankle they've missed. I don't remember if your son had follow up imaging after his surgeries. Sometimes things don't heal properly. Also when he walks on land does he use any kind of assistive device? Having had 3 foot surgeries and been on crutches 9 months I can attest to the difficulty progressing to full weightbearing, the need to take it slow and the various pains that starting to walk created. There really was no pushing it. I went from full crutches to one crutch to a cane. No way I could have gone to straight walking! That would have been intensely painful even for a few steps. My foot and ankle simply were not ready and still had remodeling to do. Slow methodical progression does pay off, I can walk a mile now most days and do fine in the grocery store etc. Tell your son that person is officially a butthead. It takes courage and grit to go through what he is, he is a strong and remarkable young man doing what is needed to get through a difficult challenge. It is vitally important that he recognize his body's limits, pushing too much may cause regression or injury. Only he can make the determination of what he can handle on any given day.

Keep up the fight, I am Sending extra Healing Love,
Littlepaw

BTW, this definitely falls under a legitimate patient complaint. Take it to a higher level or patient rep. The evaluator had no business doing that and someone at the establishment should be appalled and outraged on your behalf. It sounds like your son has a good relationship with the therapist and nobody should get in there and blow that. I am so confused by the whole thing. Yes PT has protocols, etc but it sounds like he's making progress. Not sure what they expect or what happened to individualized treatment plans...

Last edited by Littlepaw; 03-05-2015 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Always_Believe (03-05-2015), aussie land (03-08-2015), Enna70 (03-05-2015)