View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 11:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Looking for help

Hello. I am new to this group and am hoping for a little assistance. I have a new health issue that has arisen, and I am having a difficult time getting any kind of answers. At the beginning of February I stopped having bowel movements and started having pain that worsened every time I ate. On the 18th, I ended up in the ER because I couldn't take it anymore. They diagnosed me with obstipation (diagnosed with an x-ray) and told me to take stool softeners and an enema. By the 23rd, I still had no movement. I ended up back in the hospital and this time they did a contrast CT, this time staying overnight with them administering a couple tap water enemas, stool softeners and some magnesium citrate. I still produced very little and they sent me to a gastro. The GI is basically writing off my pain as I am just so bound up that I need to clean out my system completely and then everything will be fine. He has me on a bottle of magnesium citrate a day with two suppositories until I am "cleaned out" at which time he wants me to start Linzess. He did run some blood tests, testing my thyroid and for Celiac's which he claims are normal. I am now moving a little but, but I still am getting excessive pain after I eat (no matter what I eat). I am concerned that there is something else going on but the doctor is just chalking it up to "normal constipation". I exercise three times a week, I eat well balanced meals and am very active at work... I haven't had any issues like this until now and am concerned that I am being written off. I have scheduled with a different doctor for a second opinion, but I would appreciate any suggestions or direction that anyone could provide.

Transglutaminase IgA AutoAntibodies 6 Unit
C-Reactive Protein <0.5 mg/dL
IgA Gammaglobulin 149 mg/dL
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone 2.70 mcIU/mL

Thank you in advance!
just_kayte is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote