View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 12:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Pain Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
I have head to toe burnin and prickling 24/7 it never stops. I keep reading about people using creams for relief but how do put cream ALL over u! If anybody else has this type of burning what do u for pain relief? Please please respond. I'm desperate... I need help. I can't handle this much longer. Please don't just read and move on. I beg u
If you are in a situation that demands immediate attention and you are not giving in to a panicked state of mind, get yourself to pain management. If however you think that you can take the time to try other things first, I would look to alter your carbohydrate intake. It seems whether diabetic or not that glucose control helps, not all, but many. Quit potatoes,flour gravies,any form of refined sugar(candy) snacks. Lean toward boiled or broiled whatever, not coated and deep fried. If you eat bread look for 100% whole grain and limit even that. My flare-ups are worst on potato salad. You might start a journal and when you do and try things write it in your diary. Include a number scale for your pain, dates, you get the idea. Sleep is essential, I have taken pills for sleep,pain and am still taking sleep aid but have withdrawn from two different pain pills. Don't agonize about taking pain meds, you can always withdraw later. Pain can drive people to depression so get help if your out of time. Hydrocodone will help with pain but must go to pain Dr. for that these days. Mixed reviews for Gabapentin and Lyrica some say it helps, it did not help me. I hope that you can grit your teeth and do what you have to do. If you can look around and count a blessing or two it may help with the anxiety and anger while you fight. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-05-2015)