Old 03-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Comency View Post
Hi everyone,
I've dealt with severe peripheral neuropathy pain for 10 years. Lyrica works somewhat but its side-effects are annoying. In 5 years on Lyrica I have gained 40 lbs. Anyway, at night I would usually resort to Icy-Hot, Ben-Gay or some other ointment to try and alleviate my pain. For the most part the didn't work and I experienced countless sleepless nights of severe foot pain/twitching. Last week I ran out of ointment and tried Vicks Vaporub on my feet for the first time. I slathered both feet and put on loose socks and had the most restful night of sleep in years. Every day since I apply Vicks after my morning shower and before bed, I've been virtually pain free and sleeping like a baby since. I know there are several different kinds of neuropathy and this may not work for all but it worked for me. Try it, but don't be stingy, lay it on thick and wear loose socks. I hope you have as much luck with it as I did. All the best, Stephen
Hi.

I just read your post and showed it to my husband who announed "Son of a B", I'm trying that tonight.

Will update. lol

And thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote