View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Balancing act

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Hello,

I am new to this. I have extreme burning, tingling, prickling and twitching all over my body. I am very nervous about medication (all over body twitching and restless legs started after a medication for another reason and HAS NOT STOPPED FOR A YEAR). However, I am in excruciating pain all over. I need some relief.

When I read about medications on here many people state " I had to stop due to horrible side effects" but nobody states what those were. I feel like at this point I could put up with a lot if it took away the pain. What I can't cope with is some of the more serious ones like ataxia, akasthesia, and movement disorders. Has anybody experienced horrible permanent side effects from Elavil, nortryptiline , lyrica or gabapentin?
I quit Gabapentin because it didnt help my pain. Side effects were not that bad, hunger, blurry eyes, occasional mental stumble, but if it doesn't help why take it. I was only on 900 mg/d, some go to 1800+/d and I knew my Dr would just up the dosage. I know you are not on anything yet but I had no trouble getting off Gaba as I weaned down slowly. Heard that Cymbalta must be weaned down slowly. I quit Hydrocodone cold turkey and it was strange for about 48 hrs. My hydrocodone was for lumbar, hip, knee pain. I will try Gaba again at a higher dose if I need relief. For many it comes down to balancing relief vs. side effects. No stories I remember as horrible AND permanent. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-05-2015)