View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 03:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hi Darcy!

Dr. Michael Stanton-hicks is at Cleveland Clinic. I have not been there. He does loads of research and publishing. Has been at the CRPS thing a long time. The 80% of people get better concept is on an "Ask the Expert" interview that comes up when you Google Dr. Michael Stanton Hicks and CRPS. He recently did a CME conference in 2014 for pain physicians in Las Vegas and gave lots of great info about treatment paradigm. I will try to dig that up and post a link. I also really like what Dr. Pradeep Chopra has to say. He has a great talk on rsds.org right now. Interestingly says SCS is a no-no if avoidable. Seems conservative, wholistic and optimistic. I wish he were in my neck of the woods. My neurologist adheres to the most people get better over time philosophy, my physical medicine & rehab doctor does too. I like experts who don't tell me I'm totally screwed.

Littlepaw
Me, too. You have to have hope.

Thanks, will google Hicks and thanks for including Chopra's name, too. Right after, my second CRPS dx I went to RI to see him. He was great and for more than a year I did the LDN, and am doing ultra low dose now, but so far there has been no functional improvement. I still can't walk for more than 15 minutes without getting into a big flare.

It's a whole new world this time around. I am so thankful that many of the experts are posting links to their video presentation. It means a lot to learn from doctors who treat more CRPS patients than anyone. Doctors with warnings about what not to do. While I don't feel as alone as the last time, I am saddened by how little progress has been made in this disease.

My job now is to find a real time, in place doctor where I live. All I can find are doctors who want to do blocks, which never worked the first time, or doctors who want to do an SCS, which seems like the scariest thing in the world to me. I always felt I managed my disease the first time around as well as I did by doing less after the first surgery.

Sounds like you are doing a terrific job getting better.

Best,
Darcy
Darcyreid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (03-05-2015)