View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 02:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Others have talked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
I am so convinced now that the SFN and autonomic symptoms happened from my cervical spine!
I am remembering little things over the past 2 years and putting it all together. I really think I have cord compression.

Problem is... I've had 2 MRIs in the past 4 months and the first one shows straightening of the normal lordosis, c5-6 central disc herniation resulting in flattening of the ventral aspect of cord.
C6-7 left paracentral disc herniation resulting in deformity of thecal sac without spinal stenosis.

This particular MRI was looked at by several neuros and a spine surgeon who are all saying it cannot be causing my problems.

My local orthopedist says yes though (as far as my extreme pain in neck, shoulders, arms, and muscle spasms).

One NYC neuro looked at this MRI and actually referred me to the spinal surgeon, so she thought something was possible.
A rheumatologist looked at it with his radiology department and said they could see mild compression.

THen... the second MRI says: straightening of the normal lordosis, c3-4 mild uncovertebral and facet degenerative changes,
C5-6 broad-based disc osteophyte complex, uncovertebral and facet degenerative changes without stenosis. Bilateral perineural cysts are noted.
C6-7 Broad based disc osteopphyte complex, uncovertebral and facet degenerative changes causing mild spinal canal stenosis.

So... two different MRI's. Should I see another spine surgeon? How many opinions can someone get?? I am so sure that all of my ailments crept up on me at the same time and relate to my neck. I have done some reading on positional cord compression being studied as a trigger for fibromyalgia (which often coexists with SFN, they are finding more and more that fibro people are misdiagnosed and it really is neuropathy.) It would make sense of why the compression doesn't show when I am lying down in MRI. The only position I can get my neck and shoulders to calm down is when I lie flat on the ground and hug my knees in.

Anyway check this out http://www.positionalcordcompression.com

It's really interesting for anyone with fibro/ autonomic problems.
What do y'all think?
about MRI positioning. Risking info-overload, search engine here for MRI position and perhaps Double-Crush Syndrome. Good Luck, Ken in Texas
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Healthgirl (03-06-2015)