View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The weasels we have upNorth are least weasels, a member of the mustild family.

Here is a list of mustilds...

Notice the ferret... it is really a type of weasel.

Notice the photo of how the weasel is trying to kill a rabbit. It is just like the woodpecker photo.

Weezie had a scrape on her nose and a running left eye at 2am after her altercation, also. It was pretty awful being on the island in pitch dark with no electricity in the boonies, trying to help her. Then not being able to find a vet. I called Dr. Groover and his wife gave me suggestions on what to do to get her out of her coma like state.
I had to mix up a sugar solution and give a milliliter or so every 10 minutes to keep her out of a hepatic syndrome. It worked, enough for us to get her to the vet on that following Monday afternoon. And Dr. Groover was brilliant and Weez recovered with no further events! Now our vet here gives me 10 tablets of Clavamox for her as a prophylatic treatment option should we have a repeat injury. Hers was the 2nd injury in all the years we took the cats up there! Oreo had a tail injury that defied explanation up there 10 yrs before. But none others for the other cats in 30 yrs.

The least weasel is really small... about the size of a chipmunk... only much more ferocious.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (03-06-2015), Lara (03-06-2015)