View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 04:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Aggresive Irrigation: Dislodged Bloodclot?

Hello,

So I got all 4 wisdom teeth removed last Friday (2/27). It's kind of been a total nightmare. First, I get in an infection (which is now taken care of I think) and now this. Let me explain...

As mentioned before, I got an infection about 48 hours after my surgery. Apparently it had to do with getting food/debris stuck in the back right extraction site. I ended up forming a ball of pus/fluid in my cheek which I had drained today. At this appointment, they also gave me a syringe to irrigate my lower extraction sites... So, after eating lunch I decided to try the syringe out. Upon cleaning my back left extraction site I guess I pressed on the syringe WAY too hard because I felt a tiny pinch and then it started bleeding. As I spit out the blood, there were also pieces of tissue, food, something I'm not really sure. I immediately freaked out and went back to the OS but everything checked out fine and they sent me home.

But.

I'm a huge worry wart so I grabbed a flash light & a mirror, pulled back my cheek and decided to look at what I'd done. Upon doing this, I notice that I can see something white. It's like there's a hole now. I'm so worried about getting dry socket. I'm afraid what I'm seeing is bone. My extraction site doesn't hurt but I don't know what else this white thing in this new hole/slit I have can be.

Could it be bone? Should I call my OS? Please help. I've already been through hell with the infection.

Sorry if any of this information is vague. I'll be happy to give more detail of needed.

Thank you,

Paula
Reallyworried is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote