View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 01:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

RSD = Reflex Sympathy Dystrophy

One series per year? Is your doc alluding to one 3 shot sequence in a specific area of the body? the number frame that Medicaid (sp?) or Medicare covers?

I've had more than 3 ESIs per year - and for different areas. It sounds like your doc is citing the sum covered by Medicaid or Medicare per year.

Side effects? If you are female and are pre-menopausal, it can throw off your monthly cycle (and hormonal stuff). Too, among some, the steroids can also affect the adrenal glands. I felt feverish for a long while and was also mis-diagnosed for months on-end as prematurely post-menopausal - following lab results for FSH and Estradiol and lining levels after transvaginal U/Ss - done repeatedly. As an effect of that mis-dx, my docs also thought I had some type of cancer. Took several months and rounds of tests (totally unwarranted) for docs to finally realize it was steroids throwing everything out of sync.

Make sure all of your doctors do know about the steroids, if you are female. I'd hate to see someone else go through such a frightening roller coaster.

I'd ask you doc what the doc plans next if the injections may not work - since your doc did broach the topic with you without delving more deeply into what might be next. It is different for each person.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote