View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rashelle makes a good point!

Idealist;

Rashelle makes a good point. You need to continue to educate yourself and continue that education until you are a fibro expert. When I was diagnosed, I was sent to a pain management team. (I also have Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy.) One of the docs there told me to get Dr. Devin Starlanyl's book, "The Fibromyalgia Advocate". He told me right up front that some docs still don't recognize fibro as a disease, that these doctors feel that fibro patients have many symptoms that could be attributed to other medical conditions. They also are not comfortable with fibro because there is not a definite test, like a blood or urine test, that tells them a patient has fibro. This is probably the reason why you get funny looks from some of the doctors you have seen. My neurologist is one of these doctors and we had a rather heated discussion about it. I need to read up on where things are headed with fibro because I was told we are getting close to a cure. Now doesn't that beat all - we are close to a cure for a medical condition that doesn't exist! HA!

Good Luck!
Nancy-H
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote