View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 06:50 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default increased troubule with myoclonics and "auras"

Hi, please bear with me, lol

After a long journey with psychiatric misdiagnosis, it was determined last year through eeg testing/ct and mri testing that I have temporal lobe epilepsy, myoclonic seizures and also 4 separate migraine diagnoses (i think that separation is for insurance billing purposes).

I have a competent neuro who does great work with sleep disorders and epilepsy. But this month I have noticed an marked increase with for lack of a better word I will call "auras." Essentially I have had a 2 week migraine without any pain, but throbbing, all the visuals are there, I'm seeing auras around people, colors are vibrant like I'm having a TLE seizure, but I don't think I'm having seizures. No static noise, but I am having periods of confusion and memory loss. Also myoclonics are definitely increased.

I am either downright allergic or intolerant of a few AED's but the ones I'm currently on worked well up until now. I take a ton of b-vitamin supplements as recommended, lowered caffeine , eat very well, maintain good sleep hygiene and am really trying to figure out what else I can do.

Especially when it comes to the myoclonics. I am embarrassed by jerking, it is very noticeable, people ask me if I am okay, if they don't know my situation then it gets a little weird.
yagalada is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote