Thread: More results...
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 11:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi AB,

Don't get ahead of yourself on the panic. You don't yet know what you're dealing with and you can drive yourself mad with the "when,why,how timeline". I made myself crazy trying to figure out how this happened to me, micro analyzing everything, as if identifying an exact mechanism would negate the fact that I have to deal with the outcome.

Try to deal with not knowing and not with a diagnosis you don't have yet. Is your blood calcium elevated? That might provide a further clue on hypercalcemia from leaching. The low D is no surprise, it is quite common. Yes yours is very low but that's not unheard of. Mine was low on a multivitamin AND living in Texas. Hard not to get enough sun here and I do spend time outside regularly! Your levels should come up in a few weeks. Low D impacts chronic pain and nerve health so I actually see some hope in here. And on the osteo, it sounds like you are now a candidate for biphosphinate. If you can't get any infusions covered you could look at alendronate (fosamax). It has shown good results in CRPS bone pain and is oral and available generic from Canada if too expensive here. You might get rid of some your ache treating the bone issues.

IF you do have something needing a procedure, the parathyroid surgery is not super long so that's a good thing. Neurontin 900mg pre-op is good for heading off chronic pain and minocycline is the best post-op antibiotic, it attenuates glia activity. My plastics nerve guy basically gives it to all his patients no matter type of procedure he is doing whether it is nerve repair or DIEP breast reconstruction.
Don't give up girlfriend! You may get something outta this. Like I said there is some weird kind of hope in here, at least some things that are treatable and may improve your overall situation.

Sending today's Healing Love,
Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Always_Believe (03-07-2015), birchlake (03-07-2015), Enna70 (03-07-2015)