Thread: More results...
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 02:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
I agree about catastrophic planning and arming yourself with knowledge. I do it myself. Seems to be ingrained in healthcare people. I know if you have the parathyroid problem they will have to attend to that. But don't get yourself freaked over the maybes and might happens on a procedure yet, all I'm saying...
Kinda became a second nature method of self-protection after celebrating my son's heart surgery only to have him go into cardiac arrest a few hours later. Not sure I know any other way at this point. My medical background just makes it easier to jump to conclusions!

Quote:
I was just thinking if your bones are in danger of fracture right now that bishosphinate might be an option to help the resorption and bring some pain down. You hate to let that go and then take a while rebuilding if there's an option to hasten bone strengthening that might also help pain and CRPS. God knows people get achy even with osteopenia.

Look up minocycline and pain or minocycline and glia, very interesting. Well tolerated unless a history of sensitivity to tetracyclines. Low side effects, made me a bit dizzy and vision slightly blurred but not enough to discontinue for the 10 days I took it.
Well...my ortho just called (on a Saturday. After the nurse called me yesterday. ). Told me he has my chart in front of him and wanted to make sure & touch base. Went over the Vit D stuff. Then discussed the bone scan. Said "You most definitely have osteoporosis. I want you to walk a little bit everyday - but don't fall, please - just a little bit of walking."

Okay. I would like a purple walker please, sir. We will also discuss treatment options and the endocrine referral on Monday.

Quote:
Take care and keep fightin, you can't give up till I do and vice versa. Good thing we're stubborn....
LP
AMEN!!! (You DO know I'm a Taurus, right??