View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 02:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Cool Frustrated !Sick of bouncing from Dr to Dr, Test to test

So far since the start of my illnesses I have been sent from dr, to dr. Insurance companies have denied me due to the amount of medical diagnosis I have had. Been put in hospital , given treatments before diagnosis conformations 23,000 dollars worth this last month. Then to find out that the diagnosis was incorrect. Thus meds have caused more symptoms, which I needed more meds for those symptoms according to professionals.

Seems like a long drawn out gamble anymore. Sometimes and I know this sounds harsh but I wonder if looking at info for myself and trying to counter the issues outside of my medical team would be better?

Another huge amount of tests , another 4 thousand + after the hospitalization and still not even a neurologist can agree on a diagnosis. She wants even more tests . Her idea is to go through another process of elimination. I have been in the process of elimination for seems like 3 years solid. If Drs, med teams could just communicate . I mean how many mri's should a person get in 3 years? how many ct scans ( had 22) , ekgs (30+)
blood tests ( lost count)

Its hard to believe in 2015 medical science cannot find just a diagnosis/treatment after over 300,000 dollars in tests, meds, etc in approximately 3 year period? Its always here take this pain medication. Which much of the time regardless of how much pain there I refuse because after living with pain for so long extended pain i've grown kinda used to it.

Im starting to wonder if they really even know at all? If a Family dr don't know, team of hospital professionals do not know, neurology don't know? If I have lived with it all this long without much help even while consistently trying to work with professionals Im starting to wonder if its a huge gamble at this point.

So far in the last 3 years I have been diagnosed with many different things. All of which drs professionals were 99 percent sure of until tests came back neg. I am starting to wonder do they even really know? Or are they continually making guesses? meanwhile each new test drug to rule out this or that is like I said causing 2-3 -4 more symptoms. Its starting not to even make sense logically.

Symptoms still strong , still site issues, still all the strange symptoms etc.

Just thinking maybe somehow there is a better way??

I decided to after this last test dealing with possible metal poisoning ( now) if its a no go, and no treatment , relief, then I am gonna work on being proactive and find my own health, help. I mean what else can be done?
SkimbleShanks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-07-2015)