View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi natachina,

Thank you for sharing your story with us here.

Gutta percha is made from a tropical tree. It is a tough plastic and latex material with a rubber consistency. Gutta percha itself does not show up on radio graphs. So to use it in dentistry heavy metals like lead or mercury is often added to the material which does show up on radio graphs. Other chemicals like formocreasol or parachlorophenol are often added. So it is a toxic material for everybody but more so for those who have allergies, especially a latex allergy. The gutta percha used in dentistry today is the same or similar to what it was 30 years or so ago. Different manufacturers add or remove different chemicals for different purposes.

The chemical disinfectants/medicaments used during a root canal procedure, in addition to gutta percha, are used purposely because they don't wash out or dissipate over time. These chemicals eventually make there way beyond the tooth. The longer these teeth are retained, the further the proliferation.

By removing those teeth, you have reduced the toxic burden on your immune system. However, because they were retained for so long, there is no way to know how much your physical health will improve.

I hope you feel some instant relief and continue to improve. But it is imperative that you get guidance from a Naturopathic physician or a Nutritionist to help you restore your health back. It is usually a long process and one that is most beneficial when you have the proper guidance.

Thanks again for sharing. Please stay in touch with your progress!!
All the best to you....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by natachina View Post
I had 7 root canaled teeth extracted 3 days ago (some from 20 years ago). My roots were very deep and infected and there was bone loss around each tooth. What led me to doing this was 10 years of having a miriad of symptoms that no doctors could ever figure out. Dizziness, flu feeling, tremors, achey, fatigue, wire tingling on scalp, heart palpitations...
After years of seeing many doctors and not getting answers I read something about teeth health and how it's connected to body health..duh! Right? Well it never occurred to me and no body every mentioned it! Anyway after much investigation and research I have since learned about root canals and their connection with illnesses in your body and mercury dangers. I had my one mercury filling removed and all seven root canals removed so we will see how i feel soon! It has to at least help my immune system greatly which has been really suffering. Also, I had a toxic metals test Which came up high in lead and mercury (I had it a cpl months after I had my mercury filling out).
I have a question for Bryanna...I remember you telling someone there is lead and mercury in gutta percha. Are you talking about before early 90's? Or is that still going on? I did have root canals dating back to 1989-90 so I'm curious what kind of material they packed into my root canals.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote