View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 10:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Hi and help please

hi I am currently in Australia with my husband for his work. Our home in in America. Last August we went skiing and I injured my ankle, had surgery to place tightrope fixation. I was in a soft cast then a boot with no weight bearing for a little over two months. I then started physio both hydro and regular exercise 3 hours a day 3 times a week. My ankle and oddly enough my foot never looked or felt right it was constantly swollen would look red or even purplish at times was alway hot to the touch and felt to me like I had heaps of coals on it and around it. I have spasms that cause my foot and ankle to jerk up then there is pain at times that is so deep and intense I think it's in my bones. I. Can not wear a proper shoe or a sock it just hurts to much. I was told for six month that this was unusual but that we should see if it didn't calm down on its own. In Jan of this year I developed cellulitis on my foot, I think it was because of the constant sever swelling, the doctors thought it was a reaction to the hardware and that maybe all the issues where from the hardware so back to surgery to remove the tightrope. I have continued to have all the same symptoms constant burning discolored skin jerky feeling hypersensitive to touch so they decided to put me in the hospital and run a bunch of test the Mor showed inflammation and I have a bone scan on Tuesday. The doctors are saying they think it maybe CRPS but they need to rule everything else out first. .

I'm just over whelmed and tired of constant pain. I can not stand or walk with out the swelling getting worse, but who can stay down with there leg elevated all day every day. We do not have a support system over here or family, we won't be going home until the end of May at the earliest. I have looked online read about CRPS it sounds like what I have been living with, the pictures of some of the feet and ankles look like mine. What will allow them to make a final diagnosis instead of we think or we are leaning towards CRPS. What do you all think? And do you have any advice?? Thanks in advance for any thoughts ....
aussie land is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote