View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 01:34 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Long term user having WD symptoms

I have been taking Lyrica for about 7 or 8 years now. I am diabetic and have been since 1969. Before Lyrica I was having pains in my wrists and in my fingers. They were so bad I could not sleep very well. My fingers would go to tingling and then go numb anytime I held a pencil or an eating utensil. For a while Lyrica helped with the pain of my ankles. Now all that is gone with the help of Lyrica. Lately the pain in my ankles has returned with much intensity. I am now on three 75 mg pills a day. I can tell in a short while if I have forgotten to take my Lyrica. I get chills and I get irritable at anything or anyone. Even if I am taking it on time and don't forget to take it, I have memory loss and my common sense is awful. My book sense is still sharp but my life memory and immediate memory is unreliable. I am so forgetful. I can do something and in a moment do not remember if I did it or not. My memory is such that sometimes I can not tell between a dream and reality. The always sleepy thing is my daily life. I can fall asleep in a minute at any given time if I am not busy doing something. On occasion I find myself waking up here at my desk. I can be sitting here thinking of something and soon those thoughts are what I am dreaming about. I have paranoia spells once in a while. I had no idea Lyrica was the culprit to all this until I looked it up recently. I put up with these things because the pain in my wrists and fingers was incredible. Just recently my doctor told me my constant sleepiness could be caused by Lyrica.
TimBo266 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote