View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 05:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Yagalada,

Welcome to the forum! I have had temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE) for 43 yrs. and just like you I have had myoclonic sz. and aura sz. also called simple partial sz. Most of my life I have had absence and complex partial sz. I found that taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day has reduced my sz. greatly and once I started taking vimpat the myoclonic sz. stopped.
Years ago when I was a kid I started having migraine headaches and that in turn started up the epilepsy. Try cutting back on carb and starch foods also this has helped me and keep track of all your sz. by writing down what time of day/night they happen along with the type of sz.
When I went in for my sleep study my Dr found I was having sz. in my sleep and they would happen 1-2 hrs. before I woke up each day. This may be what's going on with you.
When I have any type of sz. except an aura I will be confused and feel a little sleepy after the sz. this is all normal. My best advice to you is for you to start to see an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center. These Drs. specialize in epilepsy and know how to treat it very well.
To find the best sz. med for you ask your Dr. to do a DNA test on you then they can match up your body chemistry and the enzymes in your liver to the best sz. med with the least side effect. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (03-08-2015)