View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 12:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecarver View Post
I am off Lyrica completely, not going to sugar coat my withdrawl, as it was hell.
Hi all,

Just wanted to comment on the struggle with withdrawal symptoms. Many of the drugs being prescribed for neuropathic pain come with that charming little bonus. I was personally on a prescription of methadone for peripheral neuropathy. My wife had central nervous system issues and had a terrible time coming off of gabapentin, which she was on for 10 years. Unfortunately for her, it wasn't until after that experience that she came across "The Road Back"

Fast forward a few years, she was put on a prescription of amytriptyline and this time, when going off of it, she was armed with the knowledge of how to do it. "The Road Back" helped her alleviate the withdrawal symptoms and the same can be said for me now that I'm going off methadone (currently at only 2mg/day). The withdrawal for methadone has not been particularly difficult for me, which speaks volumes about how well this works.

For anyone reading this who is either about to go off their meds or already has done so, I would definitely recommend you do not do this cold turkey.

_scooter_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote