View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How did you rehab your foot

Hi Littlepaw,

I am trying to figure out how to regain function in my CRPS foot. I was operated on last May, but so far have made no progress. Two weeks ago after getting my pain more under control for the first time I tried again to establish a movement routine, this time walking 15 minutes every hour for a total of about 2.5 hours a day. I had good days, then some good & bad days, and then everything went to hell.

I remember reading that you wrote somewhere about how it is imperative to retrain the autonomics when you've had surgery on the LE. That you first (?) let your foot hang down for five minutes an hour. Did you start doing that first before you started to do anything else. And, if so, how did you build it up, 10 min. an hour, etc.

So far I also haven't been able to reintroduce the pool. This has always been my life savior, especially with my first bout of RSD. Did you have a method for introducing it, too.

And last but not least, I saw that you are walking up to a mile a day now. Hip, hip, hooray!!! How did you introduce weight baring walking? Was there a method to your healing madness?

Don't mean to pepper you with so many questions, but I can't find a PT who has worked with CRPS where I live. Every time I try to introduce walking again my toes swell up like two fat piggies and they burn like they are on a grill.

Thanks,
Darcy
Darcyreid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote