Old 03-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
Thanks again, ger.

My doctor is an internist and nephrologist. He's a pretty straight shooter. I tend to trust him.

In the past, my thyroid test results have been normal, but those tests were a few years ago.

I believe that mrsD said that I could break these 75 mcg. tablets in half. That may be an option.

I am just confused why he would start you at such a high amount. Even cutting in half just does not make sense, Would have thought he would prescribe an amount to start with and retest in a few months to see whether he needs to increase or decrease the mg's. It should not be your choice to choose whether to take the .075mg's or cut in half.

Being a straight shooter is good; does not necessarily mean thyroid disease an area of expertise. The thyroid is very important in the body's functioning in many areas.

Have you had more than one lab test that shows you are hypothroid?. You are just over the high end of the limit. I would think before he gave you Sinthroid you would have had more than one lab showing you are hypothyroid.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote