View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 10:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default reply

In the few weeks since i posted I am feeling about 30% better. The feeling of what I have come to learn is "allodynia" is better, though Im not pain free, Im functional. No where near a return of libido though. In my case, I wonder if it has been due to a skin tear where the frenulum and corona come together. This issues seemed way too small to explain my symptoms, less than half a dime size, but my theory is there is a nerve under that injury giving referred pain similar to pudendal nerve entrapment. Part of the reason I think this is because my pain is clearly on the underside AKA ventral of the shaft, not on the dorsal side. Im totally painless on the top half of the shaft. I can't understand how the pudendal nerve would spare the dorsal half of my shaft...

I have been tested for HSV 1 and 2. At 3 days after symptoms started, 2 weeks, 3.5 weeks and again at 6 weeks. Thats where I a now. All have been negative. But it can take over 12 weeks for people to turn positive. I really think that could be it.

I can't say much about the chicken pox theory, except to say that it falls in the category of idiopathic, AKA unknown. The rarity of our symptoms is hard to explain whatever it is.

Im just hoping with time, it gets better. My improvement also coincides with starting amitriptyline AKA elavil. Not sure if that is cause and effect yet or not. Pudendal nerve entrapment has also been going thru my head if i have pain related to sitting that gets worse by the end of the day, as my job involves a lot of sitting.

Will update when if I get better or know anything more.

cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Super Doe View Post
Hi Cosmos,

I can really relate to how you are feeling right now, you will get through it . I have been myself with this issue for almost 3 years, sometimes I have good days some times is really painful but here we are. Chem1 has published an interesting theory, I think we all here had chickenpox when we were kids and it could be related to that. That virus is from the same family as herpes and perhaps our pudendal nerve is being affected somehow by it. I went to see about five doctors, one of them actually put a camera in my urethra to check everything inside, it seemed fine except for a very slight prostate enlargement. I definitely think is virus related, but letīs keep sharing and hopefully we can find something that helps.

Stay strong.

J.S.D.
cosmos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote