Thread: Osteoporosis
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 12:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v5118lKftfk View Post
In fact, lots of milk, red meat, white refined grains, sugar all may actually suck / leech calcium from your bones into the digestive system to digest
I am 95% vegan, do not drink any animal milk, very low sugar, only whole grains and seeds. I juice every day: spinach, kale, beets, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, Brazil nuts, Chia seeds, blueberries, apples, coconut water and mint.

So, no meat, no milk and no white or processed foods and I have always been strong and healthy (pre-PN). As far as I know, the two contributing factors for my osteoporosis are Nexium for 10 years which is known to leech calcium (didn't know it at the time though) and about two years of inactivity since my PN diagnosis. It really took me down and I am inactive a lot of the time. I do weight bearing exercises when possible but certainly not every day and some days all I can do is stretch and that can be very painful.

I agree with a lot of what you said about bovine milk and osteoporosis. I don't like it anyway so it is very easy to avoid.
beatle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Electron (03-09-2015)