View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 01:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle77 View Post
I have congenital TOS but I didn't find out until recently. I was training to be a yoga instructor when I became incapacitated by pain after a day of doing a particularly large amount of downward dogs. After a lot of tests my doctor found that I have TOS and the yoga exacerbated the problem.

My doctor has told me that I'll never be able to do yoga again. I'm not ready to give up my dream of being an instructor though. Is there anyone out there with congenital TOS that has been able to do yoga? Has anyone been able to do other kinds of fitness like pilates or dance? I'm normally a very active person and the thought of not being able to get back to my fitness regimen is killing me.

It was about 1 yr postop of my 1st tos surgery when I decided to try a Tai Chi class. I figured this would be a start and maybe yoga next time around. Its easy on your jts., its done either sitting in chair or standing w a lot of flowing movements w your arms. It was the 5th class (1xweek class) I got a severe flareup on the surgery side which lasted 2 mos. Was having severe chest pain on this side, ended up in ER. I ended up having to cancel tos surgery that was scheduled for the other side.
I think it was definitely the repetitive overhead arm movements. U have to keep a daily log of your activities and pain/ flareups. It can be time consuming but it is a lifesaver otherwise u can drive yourself crazy trying to figure things out!

Best Wishes
16rhonda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote