Old 03-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Burning in soles of feet and muscle weakness response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr anil maheshwari View Post
I am a 62 years old male doctor (75 kgs) and since last 2 months i have weakness in both upper and lower extremities and last 1 month i have burning of both soles of feet and since 15 days i am having pin pricks randomly all over my body and unsteady gait....all my blood tests are normal and i am a hypertensive and diabetic for 10 years (but well controlled with medication). ......i am a practising general surgeon myself from mumbai-india and i have shown to many neurologists and they say it is due to diabetic neuropathy and musculopathy...but my S.creatinine is 0.9 and every year my HbA1c is between 6-7....i am confused ...so i need an expert neurologist to help me to a diagnosis.....Please help me.....and thanks for the help.
I too had muscle weakness and burning of feet--which would wake me with the intensity. It turns out that I had polymyalgia and subsequently developed giant cell arteritis. Please do your research to see if other symptoms match this disease that typically affects those 70 years or more, as I had a series of events that just aligned to probably save my vision and even my life. Please see my introductory posting for those details. If the oncologist hadn't mentioned polymyalgia in my routine check on Thursday I might have ignored that awful feeling I had on Saturday as I had an upcoming Monday doctor visit. But, I researched and got to emergency care to be put on steroids right off--thus saving my vision although it does remain blurry.
Let me know how you do.
SharonS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-14-2015)